What We Do
The missions committee leads the church in the promotion of local, national, and international mission efforts. This committee encourages the church towards missions involvement and to become active missions participants in an Acts 1:8 strategy reaching our “Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8). Below is a sampling of what we’re up to.
- WOM: Women on Mission is a group of women who lead in the promotion of national and international missions as well as local community efforts. They meet 2nd Tuesdays at 9:30AM at church, any and women are invited. For more information call Michelle McCune (573.990.8991)
- Westside Connection: An informal mother’s group that meets on Thursdays from 8:30-10:30 AM. They eat breakfast at the Pastor’s wife’s house. Call Michelle mcCune for more information (573.990.8991)
- Community for Christ: A local thrift shop whose proceeds benefit the needy in our area, volunteers needed to sort donations and tend the cash register. Times are Tues, Thur, Sat 10-2, not every week, approximately every month and a half. Watch the bulletin and foyer for a sign up list.
- Disaster Relief: A Baptist organization that provides services during national disasters such as mud out, radio communications, chain saw crews, food units, childcare, and much more. Trainings occur throughout the year to get involved.
- Lamine Association: Plans and leads in missions efforts in the Association which includes Camden, Morgan, and Cooper counties.
- Missions Events: Various Missions efforts through the year, bon fires, VBS, Trunk R Treat
Join the Team!
You can be involved in these activities informally or by becoming a member of the Missions Committee. Help plan the missions events in our community and outreach to the world. Beneficial gifts include evangelism, leadership, mercy, administration, and faith. Rewards include seeing souls come to Christ locally and beyond as well as the joy of participating in obeying the Great Commission. You will also get to see others develop in their mission to the world.
- Contact: Ray Powell, 573-552-7165, (Chairman)